- Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers after my Grandpa passed away
- Thank you to Candy from the Paws 4 Stitches Podcast for sending me my very own wineglass and yarn for another HamilKnit hat!
- Thank you to Joanna Johnson for sending me a copy of Sherlock Knits
- I finished my dad’s Kilvarock socks by Sharon Rose out of Cascade Heritage sock in “Snow.” He has requested that *next time* I make the cabled cuff even wider around…
- I knit an entire dress for my five year old daughter for Christmas. I knit Phoebe’s Party Dress from the book Phoebe’s Birthday by Joanna Johnson. Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in “Zinnia.”
- I whipped up some (nine) coffee coozies for my kids’ teachers and my coworkers as Christmas gifts. I filled coffee cups from the grocery store with caramel corn, put the coozie on the outside, and put a bow on top. No pattern written yet, maybe? I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted and Brown Sheep Company Lanaloft Worsted on size 6 needles.
- I finished weaving my Rhinebeck scarf out of Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply and gifted it to my mom for Christmas.
- I put a few rows on my Big, Bad, Bergalong shawl “All Paths Lead Home” by Melanie Berg, but I messed up the lace right in the beginning of the second lace section. I keep trying to fudge it but I’m not yet convinced it won’t look bad.
- On Christmas Eve I cast on a “Hamilton Ball” ornament kit by Lexicorp Knits. I finished on Christmas Day and I LOVED having a bit of Hamilton on my tree!
- I cast on a V-Neck Boxy sweater by Joji Locatelli out of Miss Babs Kilaminjaro in “Coffee Break.” Swatching was interesting but now it’s moving along.
- I started a pair of socks for myself out of some Opal 6-ply. I plan on them being tall, warm socks for wearing outside in boots or at home when I’m cold.
Pattern Palooza and KAL’s:
- Drawing for the winner of the “My Own Back Yard” pattern by Jennifer Lassonde – #17: CraftyKnitter7
- New drawing: Pistachio Ice Cream Shawl by Brenda Castiel (goodstuff on Ravelry). To enter, leave a comment on the episode thread on Ravelry.
Big Bad Bergalong:
- Winner of the $30 gift certificate to Sun Valley Fibers is: leahbothe for her Qwist hat!
- Thank you so much to Michelle from Actually Knitting for putting this KAL together, to Sun Valley Fibers, One Twisted Tree and Lollipop Yarns for putting together kits, and my fellow co-hosts: Jen of Down Cellar Studio, Jen of Commuter Knitter, Kristi from In a Sknit, Jasmin and Gigi of the Knitmore Girls, and Danie and Susie of the Prairie Girls.
- Winner of the Audio CD sent to your home to share with the world: sowhynot
- “Knit Like You’re Running Out of Time” Stitch Markers from One Geek to Craft Them All: Guinifer
- Winter’s Ball Ornament Kit by Lexicorp: ALoves2Knit
- Hand Painted Wine Glass by Candy from Paws4Stitches: pjthreads
- Project Bag sewn by me with discontinued fabric from Spoonflower: thriftyknitter
- I chose which edition of Project Life I wanted to be my standard go-to for the year, then mixed in other fun, smaller kits for things like holidays and birthdays. For 2016 I used the Capture Life edition, for 2017 I plan on using Picturesque. I also used a lot of the Cinnamon Edition for the fall.
- I had my husband share photos he wanted in the book to Google Photo so I can download them to my phone and use them in the book
- I used Google Drive to upload photos from my computer that I didn’t have on my phone
- I saved each layout on my phone and on Google Drive, just in case. I will likely get rid of these after the book comes in
- I used Mixbook to print out the actual book. Hardcover, layflat album with a 50% off coupon was less than $100 shipped
- I have also started 2017’s album, finishing so far the cover page and a bit of the first week. I set a reminder in my phone to go back through my photos on Sundays to get layouts done throughout the year.
I also loved the deal through Mixbook, so I FINALLY created a wedding album! I used the Vintage Florals template on Mixbook as a backbone, then used different fonts to make decals through the album.
- Looking back:
- Looking Ahead
- I do not plan on taking any yarn trips this year (unless the ZK wait list moves up 60+ spots)
- I plan on continuing Weight Watchers, hoping to lose 20 more pounds
- I want to become more financially responsible
- I plan on serving my community more
- I want to knit what makes me happy
- I want to possibly expand my design library
- I plan on reevaluating the podcast setup I currently have and finding a way to fit into my life better