- Thank you to everyone who has supported me and the podcast in response to the HamilKnit hat!!
- Thank you to Yarn Hoarder for the super sweet gift of Another Crafty Girl in “Don’t Let the Pidgeon Drive the Bus!” Be sure to check out her podcast!
- Amy from the Hudson Valley Knits podcast for the Ropedance pattern
- Thank you to Jasmin and Gigi from the Knitmore Girls podcast for the gorgeous handspun and the photography project bag!
- This episode we are giving away a copy of My Own Back Yard by Jennifer Lassonde. To enter to win, please join my Ravelry Group and leave a comment in the thread for Episode 58!
- I have knit a total of 5 HamilKnit hats now. Each of these was knit to figure out how to write a pattern! Thank you to Bronwyn the Brave for being so incredibly helpful in pattern writing! All of them were knit out of Cascade Heritage Sock in “Limestone” and “Real Black,” purchased from The Loopy Ewe.
- I knit a new hat for my sister. Yarn is One Twisted Tree prime sock in “Girls Night Out,” pattern is “Qwist” by Melanie Berg and counts for the #bigbadbergalong. I also plan on making the fingerless mitts to match.
- I put some stitches on my Suburban Prairie Socks by Susie White out of Oh Loops! platinum sock in “Sirius Black.”
- I started a pair of Kilravock socks by Sharon Rose out of Cascade Heritage sock in “Snow” purchased from The Loopy Ewe, for my dad to go with his kilt.
- I started spinning some Targhee from Into the Whirled “Always Greener.”
- I started a Polygon blanket by Tin Can Knits out of scrap sock yarn.
- I started weaving a scarf out of some Miss Babs mini skeins I purchased at Rhinebeck in the colors “Topaz,” “Coffee Break,” and “Roasted Pumpkin.” I also used some more Cascade Heritage Sock in “Snow.” Details are on my project page.
- Big Bad Bergalong – we are extending this to November 30th to win prizes! Enter in each of our Ravelry groups. In my group we have a gift certificate for $30 toward SunValley Fibers!
- HamilKnit KAL – if you finish a HamilKnit hat before December 31st, you can be entered to win one of many awesome prizes! Be sure to enter in the Ravelry thread and you have to be a member of the group to win! Here are the prizes up for grabs:
- Hamilton Soundtrack gifted by me – so you can share the Hamilton love with someone in your life!
- A set of “Knit Like You’re Running Out of Time” stitch markers by One Geek to Craft Them All. If you don’t want to “Wait for It,” you can use the coupon code Ham4Ham to get 10% off of your order!
- An Ornament kit by Lexicorp that includes a shatterproof ornament, Voolenvine yarn in “Harpsichord,” and a Hamilton logo applique (this prize will be given out early)
- A wine glass hand painted by Candy of the Paws 4 Stitches Podcast that says “Talk Less, Knit More”
- A project bag sewn by me out of fabric from Spoonflower that is no longer available
- Interweave Yarn Fest: March 30-April 2nd at the Embassy Suites hotel in Loveland, CO. Class registration will open November 28th and there are some fantastic instructors including my friend Daniela Nii, Galena, Stephanie Flynn Sokolov, Kate Atherly, Jillian Moreno, and more. The market is fantastic and I will plan on attending at least Sunday.
- I did a session for some friends who are leaving to live on a boat in the Caribbean. I used a low exposure with the sun in the background to get a silhouette effect with the water to create a “going away” image for them.
- I often get questions this time of year about holiday card and print ordering. Here are my recommended sites:
- Photography gifts:
- My mom’s camera is the Canon Power Shot SX530 HS and it’s fantastic!
- If you purchase a new DSLR for a loved one, a lens I will always recommend is the 50mm 1.8 (Nikon, Canon, Sony)
- Subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud – includes Lightroom and Photoshop
- Gift certificate to Craftsy classes or Creative Live