This episode is a recap of Stitches West.
- The main reason for going to Stitches was to visit the Knitmore Girls (Jasmin and Gigi) and do family photos.
- I met Boston Jen from the Down Cellar Studio podcast at the airport and we stayed at Jasmin’s house together.
- We started our morning with the family photo session. We used a family favorite park as the backdrop and went back and forth between the natural areas and the playground. Jen was an awesome assistant, and I also used my new Instax camera to make the session more fun for Genevieve.
- Lunch was at Smashburger, which I love. Dinner was at Adelita’s, and I was excited to try some California Mexican food.
- We also picked up our press passes and met some of the vendors at Stitches.
- We picked up Joanna Johnson at the airport, who was doing book signings at the Wooly Wonka Fibers booth and staying at Jasmin’s house with us.
- Lunch was Pho Lang, which was also new for me but it was my favorite new meal of the trip. We had lunch with the amazing and talented Sivia Harding.
- We came back for the market preview, and Jen and I picked up mugs from Jennie the Potter. Then we headed to the Never Not Knitting booth to meet Alana Dakos and Kate Oates.
- I bought some yarn from White Birch Fiber Arts in “Killabees.”
- Jen, Gigi and I went to the Steven and Stephen in 3 Acts show.
- We brought presents for our hosts. For Genevieve, I sewed a project bag out of Frozen fabric using the tutorial from Nicole from Hue Loco. I knit Rex a Flax sweater by Tin Can Knits out of Brown Sheep Company Cotton Fleece. Jasmin and Gigi both received bags from Knerd, a local screen printing artist.
- Some of the favorite booths:
- Western Sky Knits
- Pepperberry Knits
- Lindsey in Erin Lane Bags
- Little Skein in the Big Wool
- Wooly Wonka Fibers – I finally bought my Rainbow A-Long kit for Suburban Stitcher
- Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
- We went to Rok for dinner.
- I decided to put together a project completely at Stitches. I chose the Quicksilver Shawl by Melanie Berg.
- Yarn from Neighborhood Fiber Company
- Erin Lane Project Bag
- Needles from Indian Lake Artisans
- Podcasters I met
- Kelly from Two Ewes Fiber Adventures
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Knotty Girls
- Jan from Twin Set Designs
- Joscelyn from Knitventures
- I also met Lars Reins, author of The Modern Lopi
- Dinner was from Kabob at Jasmin’s house
- Helped Joanna get to the airport and return the rental car
- Took my first Uber back to the convention center
- Jen had to go home a litter earlier than planned
- Went back to the Western Sky Knits to pick up a giveaway
- *forgot to mention the massage I got. It was perfect and extremely necessary after such a big adventure.**
- I met Stephanie from Creative Bug
- I met Danielle Nii (designer and technical editor for Interweave) and Karen of the Windy Hill Knits booth at the airport, and then we flew home together.