- I finished my Water and Stone Cardigan by Veera Valimaki out of One Twisted Tree Lavish in the “Hinkypunk” colorway. This was a blitz project for the Down Cellar Studio Pigskin Party!
- I finished my January Socks for my 2016 sock project. These are vanilla socks knit from some handspun I spun from Sunvalley Fibers Superwash BFL in the “Boundary Waters” colorway.
- I finished a cowl out of the Loopy Ewe Paintbox Palette in “Winter.” I used a mashup of the Soundwave pattern and the Foolproof pattern.
- I finished a pair of mittens for my little man, and am mostly finished with another pair for my youngest daughter. Pattern is Waiting for Winter by Susan B Anderson, yarn is Brown Sheep Company Lanaloft Worsted.
- I also finished a pair of handspun mittens for myself. I used some handspun I made from roving from Hipstrings.
- I also finished an Askews Me hat by Steven West, knit out of Lemonade Shop DK in “Omaha!” and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Worsted. To learn brioche I took the Craftsy Class “Explorations in Brioche Knitting” by Nancy Marchant.** Affiliate Link**
- I am working on my February Socks out of Lemonade Shop Simple Sock in “Stormy Day.” I’m using the Zigzagular pattern by Susie White. This will be applied to the Suburban Stitcher’s Rainbow-Along.
Thank You and Events:
- Thank you to Sarah Stevens of the Fiber By Design Podcast/Oh Loops! yarn for the Seventy Four Pattern
- Thank you to Jen from JenKnittingAround.Wordpress.com for the fun Cleveland package
- Knit Knosh went well – check out Knit Actually Podcast with Becky and The Knitting Type blog with Sara
- Stitches West is coming up February 17-21 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA
- Zombie Knitpocalypse is coming up
- There will be a talk from Franklin Habit on April 20th at The Loopy Ewe to kick off the Spring Fling
- This week we are giving away a copy of Free Spirit Knits by Anne Podlesak. Be sure to check out the Wooly Wonka Fibers podcast!
- This episode I am sharing the new book Henry’s Hat by Eric and Joanna Johnson. You can find copies of it in their Etsy shop, Amazon, your local yarn shop, or Stitches West in the Wooly Wonka Fibers booth.
- My other photographer friends and I did a headshot session all together. I learned a lot about what it is like to be in front of the camera instead of behind it.
- Everyone has a side of their face they like better. Be sure to let your photographer know which side you prefer!