What I am wearing:
- Virgie Clay shawl by Sarah Stevens, knit in Fiber Story Fave sock. Be sure to check out the video Danie put up on the One Twisted Tree blog for inspiration in styling shawls.
- The Force Awakens Hat by Hannah L. I knit two of these out of Brown Sheep Company Nature Spun Sport, and two more in Cascade Superwash Sport.
- I plan on using the chart from the sweater Hestapeysa (inspired by irocknits) to chart another hat with horses on it for a friend’s son.
- I knit a couple hats for my younger daughter and my niece out of Manos Del Uruguay in Aurora Borealis and Natural. I used the Classic Cuffed Hat by Purl Soho and plan on putting pom poms on top.
- I also knit a couple hats out of Malabrigo Rasta using a basic hat I made up. Made for my nephew and younger son.
- I also finished all the beer coozies for my family using the Garter Coaster Beer Cozy pattern by Jessica Landers.
- I have been working on my Water and Stone cardigan by Veera Valamaki out of One Twisted Tree Lavish in Hinkypunk.
- Knit Knosh – Becky from Knit Actually Podcast, January 23, 12:30-3:30 at the Samples World Bistro and includes a four course meal and yarn sampling. To sign up go to knitknosh.com
- Stitches West -February 18-21 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California
- Interweave Yarn Fest – April 2nd and 3rd at the Embassy Suites convention center in Loveland, CO
- Zombie Knitpocalypse – June 1-5 in Rochester, MN
- Rhineback in October
For this episode I reviewed the Kids’ Knitting Workshop by Susan B. Anderson. It’s an excellent resource for teaching children (or anyone) to knit.