To start, I announce that I will be holding off on podcasting from the middle of September until after Christmas while I heal from some health treatment I need.
I have also tried out Periscope, find me at butterflyem4 and I will do photography answer sessions.
- I had to hold off on knitting the Jesse Half Zip to let my wrists heal
- I pulled out some One Twisted Tree yarn. I’m trying to knit some leaves on a sock using the Sprig pattern by Alana Dakos, I need to work on it more to make it more cohesive.
- I started a Norwegian pattern from DROPS 13-5. I am knitting the jacket out of Brown Sheep Company Nature Spun Fingering in Hurricane Seas and Ash. I am using my steeking skills from Franklin Habit’s class Snips and Zips at Stitches Midwest, and I have been getting some great help from Vicki from the Heartland Knits podcast.
- I am spinning 8 oz. of roving from Hipstrings in the colorway Peacocky. This is my first continuous roving, and I have a lot to learn about that type of spinning.
Okay, spinner friends, how do you spin continuous roving? I love love love the roving I bought and I actually bought 8 oz. But, when I spin the colors become very muddy. I was hoping that by spinning a thick single I would get to see the colors better, and it is a little better than last time I spun roving like this. Is this just how all roving prepared like this looks like? I still have so much to learn. #spinnersofinstagram. Also, Periscope last night was crazy creepy.i don't suggest using it after 9pm.
- I feel terrible about it, but I had to cancel my trip to the Salida Fiber Festival. Be sure to check out the Wooly Wonka Fibers booth and say hi to Anne, and Joanna from Slate Falls Press books.
- Spinzilla is almost here and I’m rooting for Team Fancy Tiger.
- Yarn Along the Rockies just happened in Colorado. I hung out with Maria from Subway Knits and my good friend Shana, and we headed to Fancy Tiger and Fabric Bliss.
- I picked up some Quince and Co. Owl and started a Split Back Snowflake Hat by Susan B. Anderson.
- I also bought some Lemonade Shop and Brooklyn Tweed Loft.
Great Outdoors Knitalong:
- Don’t forget, Monday is the last day to enter the Great Outdoors KAL! You can enter via Instagram and Ravelry to win one of many fabulous prizes!
- I wanted to talk about the process of learning an art like photography.
- I listen to the podcast This Week in Photo (TWIP) but the episode with an interview with Rick Sammon about the process of learning photography.
- Also be sure to check out this speech by Ira Glass about the gap between taste and skill.