Woohoo! I finally put up shownotes! The episode has been up for awhile, but I hope you enjoy it just the same 🙂
- I finished another pair of ZigZagular socks (pattern by Susie White) out of yarn from One Twisted Tree, BFL base in the “Geographical Oddity” colorway. I used the Band Heel by Lara Neel from the Socks My Way Craftsy class.
- I started a pair of socks out of Manos Del Uruguay Alegria in the “Fondo del Mar” colorway, I’m using the Whiz Bang pattern by Sarah Shoo. I’m knitting these for Camp Loopy toe-up to use at least 400 yards.
- I have been spinning some Into the Whirled Shetland in the “Starrennacht” colorway. This was my first fractal spin and I absolutely adore it.
- For this episode I am reviewing the Craftsy Class Socks My Way – Variations on Heels and Toes by Lara Neel
- We are still running the Great Outdoors KAL. To enter, knit something while in the great outdoors or something that reminds you of the Great Outdoors and use the hashtag on Instagram #GreatOutdoorsKAL. You can also post to the Ravelry thread to enter.
- You can visit the blog post to see all of the prizes offered for this awesome knitalong!
- Stitches Midwest is coming up August 6-9 in Schaumburg, IL. I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so come say hi!
- I will also be at the Salida Fiber Festival with Joanna from Slate Falls Press and Anne from Wooly Wonka Fibers
- I wanted to talk about yarn photography. I have researched a lot of photography recently to be able to create resources for yarn dyers and companies.
- Yarn Photographers:
- Franklin Habit – teaches the Photographing Your Fiber
- Shoot It class on Craftsy
- Brooklyn Tweed
- Quince and Co.
- One Twisted Tree
- The Nightly Knitter – uses the app called Afterlight