- I finished the Whiz Bang socks by Sarah Shoo in Manos Del Uruguay Alegria in Fondo del Mar. This was for Camp Loopy 2015 project one, and I’m also counting it toward Stash Dash, as well as the PALKAL on Actually Knitting.
- I started the Pebble Beach Shawl by Helen Stewart of the Curious Handmade out of some handspun I spun from some Into the Whirled in Starrennacht. This will count toward Stash Dash, the PALKAL, and the Around Your Neck KAL on Suburban Stitcher. Project bag is currently missing, made from Downton Abbey fabrics from the Loopy Ewe.
- I started a pair of Zigzagular socks by Susie White of the Prairie Girls podcast out of some Deborah Norahville yarn from JoAnn during our camping trip. Also counts toward Stash Dash and the PALKAL.
- I started a pair of socks out of OnLine self striping sock yarn, a vanilla socks with normal heel flap and gusset. I bought the yarn at the Twisted Ewe in Boise, along with some needles.
- I started my Camp Loopy Project 2, the Low Tide Cardigan by TinCanKnits in the Pacific Knits book out of Wollemeise Pure.
- I spun some fiber from Greenwood Fiberworks I had purchased at Interweave Yarn Fest, 85% superwash merino and 15% stellina in the Garden Party colorway. Chain plied using ply technique in Ply the Yarn You Want to Knit on Craftsy by Jillian Moreno (**Affiliate link**)
Great Outdoors KAL Update:
- Knit anything while enjoying the great outdoors, that you will use in the great outdoors, or that reminds you of the great outdoors. For a full list of rules and photos of the prizes, visit the Ravelry board or this post.
- Prizes include:
- Down by the River skein of sock yarn by Danie of One Twisted Tree
A hard copy of Pheobe’s Sweater by Joanna Johnson of Slate Falls Press
A hard copy of Green Gables Knits by Joanna Johnson of Slate Falls Press
eCopies of both Road Trip and Max and Bohdi’s Wardrobe by TinCan Knits
An eBook of your choice from TinCan Knits
A pattern of your choice published by TinCan Knits
A skein of Simple Sock Yarn in the colorway “Barking Up the Wrong Tree” by Lilliput Yarn
A skein of superwash fingerings in the colorway “The Meadow” by Inner Yarn Zen
I picked up a copy of the summer issue of Interweave Knits that includes a whole section on knitting for the great outdoors
An adorable sock size project bag by Wendy of Knitty Kitty Bags
More prizes coming soon!
- Stitches Midwest is coming in three weeks! August 6-9 in Schaumburg, IL. Podcaster meetup is Saturday from 1-2 in Nirvana B, on the second level of the convention center. I will be there with Boston Jen from Down Cellar Studio, Danie from Prairie Girls, Kristi and Sarah from In a Sknit, Michelle from Actually Knitting, and Sarah from Yarn Geek Fibers.
- Salida Fiber Festival is September 12-13 in Riverside Park, Salida, CO.
- Thank you to Holity (Terri) for starting the “Photography Fun” thread in the Ravelry board
- I will be offering “FO” photography at both of the events I’m attending, wear your favorite FO and let me take your photo!
- When posing yourself:
- Put your weight on your back leg
- Create negative space between your arms and your waist
- Lean slightly forward
- Chin down and out
- Find something to do with your hands
- Glasses – tip them down to avoid reflections from flash
- I bought the book Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time **Affiliate link** by Tanya Whelan and tried it
- I tried to sew a dress based on a McCall’s pattern and failed miserably
- I also sewed myself a maxi skirt