- I am doing Stash Dash along with several of my fellow podcasters. This idea is from the KnitGirllls, visit their site here if you would like more information.
- I started by finishing the vanilla socks out of Patons Kroy in the Singin the Blues colorway. I cut an afterthought heel and used the Thumb Joint Top Hat Heel by Lara Neel. You can find this heel in the Fork in the Road socks and on her Craftsy class, Socks My Way: Variations on Heels and Toes. (** Affiliate Link**)
- I am working on another of ZigZagular socks, pattern by Susie White and yarn is by Danie of One Twisted Tree, both of the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast. Yarn is BFL base in the Geographical colorway, and I am going to use the Band Heel by Lara Neel in the same Craftsy class.
- I finished knitting the Follow Your Arrow 2 shawl by Ysolda Teague, using MJ Yarns merino/tussah silk base in the Cerulean Twilight colorway. I didn’t quite get the yardage I had hoped for….
- I finished spinning some Into the Whirled merino fiber in the Follow the Butterflies colorway. I decided to spin this into a long single and then chain ply using the Craftsy Class by Jillian Moreno, Ply to Knit: Spin the Yarn You Really Want. **(Affiliate Link)
- I also started spinning some Into the Whirled Shetland in the Starrennacht colorway, I’m using this fiber for my first Fractal spin.
- The Great Outdoors Knitalong is going strong. For all rules and a list of prizes, visit this link.
Here are some of the awesome prizes up for grabs in this knitalong!
- A skein of yarn by Danie of One Twisted Tree
- A copy of Pheobe’s Sweater, and a copy of Green Gables Knits by Joanna Johnson of Slate Falls Press
- E-copies of Max and Bohdi’s wardrobe by Tin Can Knits
- A Tin Can Knits book of your choice, and a pattern by Tin Can Knits of your choice
- A skein of sock yarn by Lilliput Yarn
- A skein of sock yarn by Inner Yarn Zen
The Estes Park Wool Market is coming up! I will be there on Saturday, June 13th. If you are coming, please let me know! I would love to meet up with you! If you want to listen to how to select a fleece, check out the Knitmore Girls episode with Sandi Luck.
- I have been working really hard on my craft room and am finally ready to update you!
- I bought some used cabinets from Craigslist and refinished them using the Rustoleum cabinet refinishing system. **(Affiliate Link**) Hardware is from PullsDirect.com
- I picked up a dresser from Habitat and refinished it in a bright and cheery yellow and added new pulls from Hobby Lobby.
- I added countertops to the cabinets and to make a huge sewing island. Countertops are from IKEA (Ekbacken). I also have hung up some hanging buckets from IKEA.
- For this episode, I thought I would share some basic tips on Landscape photography, even though I am NOT a landscape photographer.
- Pack light – no need to bring large amounts of photography gear (unless that’s your thing.) I will be taking only my phone or point and shoot for our trip this weekend.
- I do recommend using a camera that can zoom in and out so you can adjust for close up and far-away photography.
- When photographing something small, zoom in on your camera first, then fill the frame. When photographing something large like a landscape, try zooming out and then getting as close as possible. Also, get very, very low to the ground.