I think it’s finally time we have a big contest, don’t you?
I am in full camping-brain mode. I can hardly wait to sit outside by the campfire, lamp on my head, and sock knitting in my lap. I’m assuming since that sounds heavenly to me, it sounds heavenly to many of you as well.
To celebrate, the Knitting Butterflies Podcast is hosting the first ever Great Outdoors Knitalong. This is an incredibly informal knitalong, there are no yardage requirements, start/finish dates, or specific items you need to knit. Here are the rules:
- Knit something while enjoying the Great Outdoors
- Knit something that you will use while enjoying the Great Outdoors
- Knit something that reminds you of the Great Outdoors
To enter, simply do any of these things and post a picture either to our Ravelry Thread (to be opened when the contest opens) or to Instagram with the hashtag #GreatOutdoorsKAL2015
Every post will be an entry. There are no limits on the number of entries you can have. Feel free to double-dip on other knitalongs (such as the PALKAL on Actually Knitting).
Posts between Memorial Day weekend (May 23rd) and Labor Day (September 7) will be eligible for prizes. I will be drawing for prizes using a random number generator. Crochet, weaving, and spinning photos are eligible as well, as long as they meet the guidelines listed above.
Now here comes the best part, we have a ton of prizes for this KAL! Thank you to our many sponsors for the following prizes:
- An exclusively dyed skein of yarn from Danie of One Twisted Tree
- A hard copy of Pheobe’s Sweater by Joanna Johnson of Slate Falls Press
- A hard copy of Green Gables Knits by Joanna Johnson of Slate Falls Press
- eBook copies of Road Trip and Max and Bohdi’s Wardrobe by TinCan Knits
- An eBook of your choice by TinCan Knits
- A TinCan Knits pattern of your choice
- A skein of beautiful sock yarn by Inner Yarn Zen in the “Meadow” Colorway
- A skein of beautiful sock yarn by Lilliput Yarn in the “Barking Up the Wrong Tree” colorway
- I picked up a copy of the summer issue of Interweave Knits that includes a whole section on knitting for the great outdoors
This is going to be a fabulous knitalong! I hope to see so many of your beautiful outdoors-y projects this summer! Don’t forget to post photos to the Ravelry thread and Instagram using the hashtag #GreatOutdoorsKAL2015 !