Well, I have had to switch back to audio. Already though I can tell this is going to fit my family’s lifestyle much better. I hope you enjoy the latest episode! This one includes some of my new hobby, weaving, as well as a photography tip about multiple light sources in a room. Enjoy!
- Laurie (KnitsWithBears) for the gorgeous Into the Whirled fiber
- Sarah and Lydia of Oh! Loops for the yarn support and Marcella Rose pattern
- iTunes reviews
- Danie of Prairie Girls Knit and Spin for the stitch markers for my birthday 🙂
- Ultimate ZigZagular socks, pattern is ZigZagular socks by Susie of the Prairie Girls podcast, yarn is JEM’s Corporate Day Job by Danie of One Twisted Tree
- Another pair of Ultimate ZigZagular socks using the same pattern, yarn is Late Nite Light Brite by Danie of One Twisted Tree. I have one more skein of her yarn I plan to use in the PALKAL with Michelle of Actually Knitting.
- I started another pair of Vanilla socks using Patons Kroy and the Lara Neel Craftsy Class “Socks My Way – Heel and Toe Variations.” Full review on the class to come soon!
- I mostly finished a sweater using KnitPicks Capretta in “Admiral” and KnitCircus Cabaret base in the “Come What May Colorway.” I used the Ann Budd Handy Book of Top Down Sweaters for the pattern, though I think some mistakes I made cost me in correct fit. Still have to attach the buttons.
- Gramps Cardigan for my youngest, pattern by TinCan Knits, yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash in grey and tumeric.
- I have been spinning the Into the Whirled fiber sent to me by Laurie and plan to knit a shawl.
- I have finished spinning the Abstract Fiber BFL sent to me by Amy of Hudson Valley Knits. I plan on knitting at least a hat with this yarn.
- I learned to weave on a Cricket Loom by using some YarnInk Desert Rose.
- I then attempted to weave a Gordon Tartan for my mom out of Cascade Heritage Sock.
- The Interweave Yarn Fest just happened last weekend in Loveland, CO. I will be telling you all about it in the next episode.
- Estes Park Wool Market is June 11-14 in Estes Park, Colorado. I’m also planning on going to the opening of Dungeons and Drafts that weekend, too.
- Stitches Midwest is August 6-9 in Shaumburg, IL. I will be attending and taking the Franklin Habit class Steeks and Zippers.
- I turned 31 this month and just share a bit about my birthday. The biggest change I have had this year was meeting the most amazing knitting friends who truly “get it.”
- My husband gifted me the Ashford Jumbo Flyer and Bobbin kit for me wheel. My mom sewed this project bag for me out of Downton Abbey fabric from The Loopy Ewe and sewed me a sewing machine cover that looks like a camper!
- I have been working hard on sessions again. The March of Dimes March for Babies is coming up and I will be covering that.
- For the tip this week, I talk about natural light and artificial light combined. Be sure to turn off the overhead lights in your home before using natural light in your photos! You can also use a piece of white foam core board as a reflector to maximize the amount of natural light in their image.