- I am working on Freddie’s Blanket by Joanna Johnson from the book Freddie’s Blanket. I am using Knit Picks Comfy, I planned on doing 30 repeats and am now adding at least 5 more.
- I have not won with mitten knitting lately, though I had a close attempt with the Timber Mittens by Joanna Johnson, knit from Wool of the Andes.
- I started NaKniSweMo (National Knit a Sweater in a Month), deciding to knit Hitofude by Hiroku Fukatso out of Miss Babs Katahdin. I’m also sweater twins with the Lost Geek podcast!
- I also got addicted to the show Reign on Netflix!
- I am almost done with my Stitches Socks in Knit One, Crochet Too Ty-Dy stripes
Other Crafty Endeavors:
- I have been working hard on my craft room!
- I finished covering both of the parsons chairs to use as sewing chairs. Here is the tutorial for putting the back on with the “metal strips of death.”
- I also added the knobs to my repurposed dresser to be a sewing station.
- I sewed my kids’ Halloween costumes for the first time, a set of Ninja Turtles!
- My last domesticated endeavor, a sourdough starter. Thank you to 1hundredprojects (Kelly) for your help, be sure to check out her new podcast with Marsha, Two Ewes Fiber Adventures.
- I visited the Boulder Handweaver’s Guild annual sale with Joanna, what an amazing experience!
- Interweave Yarn Fest will be in Loveland, CO April 16-18th and I will be there!
- I have been working hard for my family and friends lately, including a session with my parents on a family friend’s farm.
- I am learning more about hard light and soft light, and slowly beginning to love hard light.
- I also love to share my favorite website to order prints from, mpix.com . I am not an affiliate of them, but I also go over some of my other past print situations to shed some light on a tricky subject. Persnickity Prints is also great for square prints. I also mention the Project Life scrapbooking program by Becky Higgins.