- New site is up! Be sure to visit it at knittingbutterfliespodcast.com, not only show notes but LOTS of blog posts and many more to come!
- I had to fit in and knit a Tan House Brook Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde out of my Fancy Tiger Yarn, Sleep Season in Fancy Tiger Crafts Turns 8.
- I also did a test knit for Jen, to be talked about very soon
- I picked up my Anne’s Sweater by Joanna Johnson in Green Gables Knits and finished it, it’s definitely my new favorite sweater!
- I challenged myself to knit a sweater for my mom before she leaves for Jackson Hole. I chose the Acorn Trail cardigan by Amy Herzog, knit in Shepherd’s Wool in Brown.
- I also finished one sock from my Knit One, Crochet Too Ty Dy Stripes from visiting Sarah from In A Sknit.
- We wrap up the giveaway from Java Jennie, thank you so much, Jennie! The winner is drawn live on the show, please message me with your address and I will drop your bag in the mail for you.
- We have a new giveaway for this episode! In celebration of finishing my Tan House Brook Shawl, I am gifting one of my listeners a copy of the Tan House Brook Shawl pattern and a skein of fingering weight yarn from Spin Monkeys! Spin Monkeys is also having a sale coming up starting September 15th – October 15th with the coupon code for listeners: BUTTERFLIES. Thank you, Jen and Tara, for sponsoring this episode’s giveaway! To enter, visit the new site and leave a comment on the show notes for this episode. Any comments left on any other posts will also earn you an additional entry! Giveaway ends September 26th, 2014.
- This week I am reviewing Sock Architecture by Lara Neel. For a more in depth review, click here to read more about this awesome book.
- I have done several photography projects since I last podcasted, including hiring another photographer for a wedding.
- In this episode I talk about shutter speed in photography. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or PM me on Ravelry and I would be happy to answer your question. **Correction: at 38:57 I say you need a fast aperture, I meant you need a fast shutter speed.**
Thank you for listening!
Be sure to enter the giveaway! To enter: Visit the Spin Monkeys site and tell me your favorite colorway in the comments below! Blessings!