- Vacation knitting socks were started during the many hours of plane rides. Yarn is Patons Kroy self striping in Bramble Stripes colorway, 3×1 rib.
- Mermaid Song Shawl by Susanna IC from Unofficial Harry Potter Knits, knit in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Marine Silk Lace, doing this project for Camp Loopy. I added a few more repeats to make the shawl rest nicely. I also had fun wearing the shawl I had made for myself on vacation.
- For Camp Loopy’s Project 2 I have decided to knit a Daybreak shawl by Stephen West out of Desert Vista Dyeworks Voir in the colorway Aquamarine, paired with some Cascade Heritage sock yarn in the Spruce colorway.
- I will be attending Stitches Midwest in Shamburg, IL August 8-10. I’ll be with Susie and Danie of the Prairie Girls podcast, Sarah and Kristi of In A Sknit,and Sarah from Yarn Geek Fibers, so if you see us please say hi!
- I have been a little reflective on how relationships and knitting have some similar concepts for success. It might seem a bit cheesy, you can skip to 26:30 if you want 🙂
- I discuss some of the play photography I got to do on our trip, especially with night photography.
Here are some settings I used on my camera to get really fun night shots:
- Put camera in manual mode
- ISO set low (100-200)
- Aperture set in the middle, about f9-f11
- Shutter speed set to 2 seconds – 16 seconds, depending on how much light was needed
- Timer set to 2 seconds after I pushed the shutter
- Camera set on a flat surface
- If we were in the photo we added a flash as well
- Photography of the tip – learn to use the camera that you have! Explore those settings you have never used before and see what you can come up with!