In this episode I talk about Mother’s Day knitting, taking a newborn class, and photographing items for Etsy shops.
- Rikke Hat by Sarah Young – knit in Oh Loops! Platinum sock in Blueberry Butterflies
- 20% Cooler Socks – Rainbow Dash yarn by CuppyCake Yarnz
- Mother’s Day Cast On – Vanilla socks made from some Deborah Norahville Serenity sock yarn in Teal Tease
- I picked up Knit to Flatter by Amy Herzog
- I also picked up some latch hook kits to do with my kids on Mother’s Day
- I finished my Woolen Mill St. Yarns Corriedale roving in Juliet Jules
- Malibrigo Nube roving has been used to throw the gauntlet down to Sarah from In A Sknit. We are knitting Hermione’s Everyday Socks and whoever finishes theirs first wins! My socks are from Blue Skies Over Colorado from The Loopy Ewe
- Estes Park Wool Market June 5-8 in Estes Park, Colorado. If you want a preview, visit Crafty’s Class “Know Your Wool”
- Stitches Midwest August 8-10 in Illinois is coming up! If you happen to see me, please come up and say hi!!
I Dream of Knitting:
- While taking a class on Creative Live by Julia Kelleher on Creative Newborn Photography, I began to dream of having a whole box full of baby hats for newborn photography
- I did a 6 month session with a sweet girl I have been photographing since she was a newborn
- I also covered a baby shower for one of my oldest and dearest friends
- Coming Up – Dance Studio Portraits, and practice dance session, Mom and Dad session, Operation Sock Drawer
Photography Tip of the Week:
- This week I talk about doing photography for an Etsy shop.
- Use natural light
- Consider using a Lightbox for smaller items
- Use tilted poster board and reflectors for larger items
- Be sure to check your exposure settings and use the exposure compensation setting to make sure your images are getting exposed enough.
- Calibrate your monitor to be true color, visit Improve Photography