- Anne’s Sweater from Green Gables Knits by Joanna Johnson, knit in Brown Sheep Company Lanaloft Sport
- Mermaid Song Shawl by Susanna IC in the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits, knit in Knitpicks Shadow Tonal in Summer Blossom
- 20% Cooler Socks, Jeck pattern by Regina Satta in Rainbow Dash Yarn from Cuppy Cake Yarnz
- Rainbow Ripples Baby Blanket in I Love This Yarn
I Dream of Knitting
- This episode I play along with the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin podcast and think about what I would do if I won the lottery.
Podcasts I have been listening to:
Countdown to 30?
The countdown to 30 is over, but I had a great birthday!
- I treated myself at the Loopy Ewe and purchased some Blue Skies Over Colorado sock yarn and Prism Yarns for a lace shawl.
- I used a Busy Bag to keep my kiddos happy during a trip to the DMV.
Photographing Your Knits:
I recently watched a course on Creative Live by Lindsay Adler called Posing 101. Here are a couple of takeaways I wanted to share with you:
- Objects closer to the camera are larger than objects farther from the camera. Example: hips closer to the camera are going to appear larger than hips farther from the camera.
- When appendages point toward or away from the camera, a phenomenon called foreshortening occurs. This makes your limbs look shorter and thicker, and less flattering.
In this photo, I needed to pull my shoulders forward more and put my limbs out at an angle from the camera. This photo has some critical technical errors in posing which is why it’s not terribly flattering. Redoing some posing will help greatly, I hope to demonstrate this soon!