This episode I have my very first guest, my sister Jenilee! She is a cross stitcher with lots of interesting stories to share with you. Enjoy!
Where to find Jenilee: justforfunjen.blogspot.com
- Jenilee just finished her Beauty and the Beast cross stitch by MCG Textiles based on a painting by Thomas Kinkade.
- She did a couple things differently on her piece, such as adding the sparkly thread to Belle’s dress and changing the way the rose was stitches.
- She mentions the product Thread Heaven to help with cross stitching with sparkly thread to keep it from getting tangled. She also mentions Mary Corbett’s blog, a great resource for tutorials in embroidery.
- She is also excited to do her other 3 cross stitches by the same painter, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Little Mermaid.
- I’m working on my 20% Cooler Socks (Collywobbles pattern) in the Rainbow Dashcolorway by Cuppy Cake Yarnz. I want to do the same pattern in my Blueberry Butterflyyarn by Oh Loops. I decided to do mine toe up and use the OMG heel.
- Jenilee is working on the Once Upon A Time There Was a Princess cross stitch by Bucilla.
- I’m working on the Sheep Wagon Shawl by Joanna Johnson in yarn from Aniroonz.
- Jenilee is working on a Drawn Threadwork Sampler based on the book Beginner’s Guide to Drawn Thread Embroidery (Beginner’s Guide to Needlecraft)
- We both want to make the Harry Potter sampler by Clouds Factory. I want to make the small one and my ambitious and more nerdy sister wants to make the big one (not been released yet.)
- Jenilee mentions the Hogwarts Crest cross stitch she is also working on.
This week’s photo tip is on photographing teeny tiny stitches (like cross stitch or lace) using the macro mode. I also mention the Prairie Girls podcast, LOVE THEM!