Thanks for listening to my last podcast of 2013! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
**Before I get messages saying that the dates of the Ravellenics and Podcaster Throwdown are right next to each other, don’t worry peeps, I got this. I tried to record a revision like 3 times but it never turned out right because I had kids jumping around everywhere behind me. I’ll explain my revisions in the next podcast.**
- wildlilly (aka Joanie) is our new moderator, she has been so helpful!
- outofthisworld (aka Marybeth) gifted me the Peeries Flooers Mittens pattern!
- Sarah and Lydia from Oh Loops! sent in some beautiful yarn both for my stash and for a giveaway! Hooray!
- iTunes thank yous
- Jan from the Twinset Designs podcast and the Knitmore Girls have been listening! Eeeek!
- Hubby got me my own Knitpicks Interchangeable Caspian needles
- My sister made me stitch markers
- My bestie and sister bought me yarn to make the Katniss Cowl
- Brown Striped Ragg socks continue
- Sprig Sweater also continues, neckband is done and ease is fixed 🙂
- Peeries Flooers hat is complete!
- Started a Diana’s hat
Remember and Reminisce
- New names learned like Susan B. Anderson, Cat Bordhi, Martina Behm
- New to podcasts like Knitmore Girls and Fat Squirrel
- First fair isle project, lace project, crochet amigurumi, enterlac, slipped stitch patterns
- First time spinning
- Found my local yarn store and explored others
- total of 40 projects finished
- My first pattern – Cadence Shawlette
- Became a part of the knitting community in 2 knitting groups
Looking Ahead Into 2014
- What ever I do, do it well
- Craftsy class on Improving Your Knitting
(Like I said, I know the dates are a bit off on this one, but I have it figured out and will update in the next one)
- Podcaster Throwdown
- Gold, silver, and bronze goals for myself, each stage will add another prize to the pot!
- First prize – 1 skein of Oh Loops! platinum sock base in the Lavender Infused Green Tea colorway
- How to enter – go to the contest thread (not open until the games start) and update every day with your progress in the Ravellenics games. You can enter up to once per day, and you can enter every day during the games.
- By random generator, winners of Sleepy Eyes Knits Wonderlace are Karen (carrotmusic on Ravelry) and Simin (MaggieVienna on Ravelry)
Photographing Your Knits
- This week I share my philosophy on why it’s important to photograph our handmade items. Even if all you can do is snap a quick photo in awful lighting, always, always take the photo.