Thank you for listening to my podcast! I love doing this, it’s something just for me late at night when everyone else is sleeping and I have so much fun with my listeners! There is another giveaway this week, so be sure to listen for it and leave your entry!
Thank you to Mimers66, Terab707, and Trinawinna for reviews on iTunes!
- Continuing to work on the Brown Stripe Ragg socks from Patons Kroy. Finished first sock, starting knitting baby tube socks a la Knitmore Girls, one inside the other, with leftover yarn from first skein.
- Sprig Sweater by Alana Dakos from Never Not Knitting. Yoke and raglans are finished, as is stockinette for the bust. All of the ease is currently in the back because of my current larger bust size, debating on how to start the decreases so it will look correct, even wondering if I should frog it and start over on a different size.
- Peerie Floores Hat by Kate Davies, first saw on Susan B. Anderson’s blog. I LOVE this project, it feels like cross stitching and I am SO HAPPY while knitting this hat! Knitting in KnitPicks Palette.
- Finished my first 100g, have begun spinning my second 100g of Woolen Mill St. Yarns Corriedale roving.
- Used my first 100g to knit a hat, had an incident with the 2 year old and scissors.
- Finished hat has 2×2 rib and stockinette body. I love it so much that I entered it in to the Legend-Prairie contest from the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast.
- Winners from the Green Gables Knits giveaway
- Orange-Maid from Ravelry (Scotland) – digital copy
- Outofthisworld (Marybeth) from Ravelry (AZ) – paper copy
- Sleepy Eyes Knits Wonderlace by Gina House, she also sent me Dreamscape. Check out her Etsy shop if you are interested in these books, as well as her website!
- To Enter the Giveaway – Leave your first name, your state and/or country, your email or Ravelry name, and your favorite Christmas or holiday tradition from when you were a kid that you keep alive today on this post.
Remember and Reminisce
- This week I remember and reminisce about the Santa Claus stockings I have knitted. I started with Katie’s stocking, and so far have knit a total of 14 including two this year for Sammy and Baby Charlie.
- Pattern was adapted by Ruth Homrighaus from a Bernat pattern
- Hubby took the week off to work on basement. Sanding and mudding, craft room is done and playroom is almost done.
- Built some built in shelving for under the television, and popup bench for storing blankets.
Countdown to 30 – My family tradition is to see the latest Disney or kids movie at the theater on Christmas Eve. We started with the Little Mermaid 26 years ago and have only missed one year since. This year we will go see Frozen. As I become more of a grownup, I am wondering if I need to give up my chance to go see the movie each year and stay home to get stuff done.
Photographing Your Knits
- This week I talk about White Balance and how finding the settings for it on your camera or phone can make a big difference in the color quality and consistency of your photos
- If you have some natural light but not enough, use a reflector to double the amount of light on your project