I love, love, love podcasts. Especially knitting podcasts. I have been toying with the idea of doing my own knitting podcast for awhile now, and late one night I decided to just go for it. What’s the worst that can happen? I’m not a really consistent person so it might be pretty sporadic, but I am okay with that. Anyway, here is Episode 1 – Introductions!
Thanks for listening to my new podcast! I spend a little time introducing myself and why butterflies mean a lot to me.
Clicking Away –
- I am a cuff away from finishing my Vanilla Socks in Lion Brand Sock Easeand Deborah Norahville neon green yarn
- I started a new pair of Lifestyle Toe Up Socks in Patons Kroy for the body and more Deborah Norahville for the toes and heels.
- I finished a Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket for my church’s newborn program out of JoAnn Sensations Little Treat.
Remember and Reminisce
- I talk about how I started yarn work, beginning with basic crocheted baby blankets for my cousins and a scarf I used in a gift exchange. I was delighted to find out I had invented Continental Knitting.
- I mention the Knitmore Girls podcast and how much I love their spinning stories. You will probably hear a lot more about this podcast, it’s my favorite!
- I just started spinning on a drop spindle for the first time two weeks ago. I picked up my spindle at the Longmont Yarn Shoppe and used all the roving that came with it.
- I picked up some Woolen Park St. Yarns corriedale roving from The Loopy Ewe, and currently have spun about 2 oz. of the 8 I bought. I mentioned theFoliolium Pattern by Joanna Johnson.
Countdown to 30
- Currently 20 weeks (140 days), 23 hours, and some change from my 30th birthday.
- I talk about how much my life changed from age 20 to 30, from getting married to having 4 kids to buying a house. I am very picket fence-y.
- We finally finished sanding and mudding in the living room, this week I got to pick out fabric for pillows, curtains, and cushions. I used those fabrics to pick out paint colors, and we plan on painting the living room this weekend.
- This episode’s Shout Out goes out to The Nerdy Knitter. I have crocheted her Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash patterns, she is currently reworking her Fluttershy pattern and it’s even more beautiful. Check out her Ravelry pagefor more stunning toy designs.