- I decided to start fresh after Stash Dash with a new pair of vanilla socks for my husband out of some Opal 6-ply yarn I bought from a closeout Etsy shop.
- I wove a scarf for myself out of the handspun Into the World “Follow the Butterflies” yarn I won a blue ribbon for last year.
- I started a new pair of socks out of White Birch Fiber Arts “Electric Slide” so I could have some easy movie/car knitting.
- I knitted a hat I designed myself that was inspired by the Broadway musical Hamilton out of some Cascade Heritage Sock yarn and Leading Men Fiber Arts.
- Jasmin surprised me with a HUMONGOUS cake to say congrats for winning Stash Dash 2016.
- Boston Jen sent me some fun Regia Yarn and some other goodies as a thank you for pushing her to beat us all🙂
- Danie from Prairie Girls gave me an amazing experience, catching fireflies!
- Several of us have coordinated for the next knitalong:
The Big, Bad Bergalong
- Coordinated with: Michelle from Actually Knitting, Kristi from In a Sknit, Commuter Jen from Commuter Knitter Podcast, Prairie Girls Susie and Danie, and Boston Jen from Down Cellar Studio podcast.
- We are so lucky to have the designer Melanie Berg offering our listeners a 10% discount on her patterns (self-published) starting September 15th, 2016 and ending November 2, 2016. Use the code BigBadBergAlong at checkout.
We are also going to be working with 3 Indie Dyers for this KAL.
Sun Valley Fibers
There will be Free Shipping in the US for kits and special pricing on the kits that they are making up just for this KAL. You can get the same kit as I am getting or as one of the other podcasters. More information is coming, but look for a special link “Big Bad Berg-Along” on their website. Use the code BigBadBergAlong at checkout.
On September 11 at 7pm Eastern there will be an update featuring Duet and Trio kits especially for Ashbury or Quicksilver patterns. She will be offering Free Shipping if you use the code BigBadBergAlong at checkout. She will have these kits up for preview starting Monday September 5th, 2016 in the Lollipop Yarn Ravelry Group as well as on her website, linked above.
Oh! And there will be a self-striping update on Sunday September 4th at 7pm.
One Twisted Tree
Danie will be offering a couple of different fall themed kits for the KAL. Check out the website for more information. My shawl will be knit out of her yarn in “Mint,” “Bark,” and “Seashell” and I will be knitting “All Paths Lead Home.”
Great Outdoors KAL Wrap Up:
- We had over 680 entries into the Great Outdoors KAL this year! Great job getting outdoors! If you heard your name, please PM me as EmilyStraw on Ravlery with the prize you won, along with your address if needed. Thank you for your participation!